We represent nonprofits exclusively. Our clients are diverse; they are active in agriculture, visual and performing arts, science, education, environment, youth, health care, philanthropy, business incubation, and other fields.
Our clients typically generate $1 – $100 million in annual revenues; some are smaller and some are larger. Most but not all are located within 90 minutes of the Stanford campus. We work with both urban organizations and those located in rural communities.
We maintain ongoing relationships with clients and regularly carry out multiple projects for a client over time.
Representative clients include:
Alameda County Community Food Bank
- California Association of Museums
- Center for Land-Based Learning
- Children’s Cancer Association
- Feeding America
- Foodwise (operator of the Ferry Plaza Farmers’ Market)
- Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence
- Oakland Museum of California
- Pacific Coast Farmers’ Market Association
- San Francisco Ballet Association
- San Francisco Center for the Book
- San Francisco SPCA
- The Exploratorium
Please note that we represent only established nonprofit organizations. We don’t form new nonprofits — incorporations and applications for tax-exempt status are not in scope for us — and our scope doesn’t include representations of businesses. We also typically don’t take on engagements involving Stanford or students, faculty, or other individuals who are part of the Stanford community.
Please note also that we’re not set up as a legal help line or walk-in clinic. As such, we can’t and don’t respond to questions about legal matters received from persons who are not already our clients.