Dear fellow alumni:
The Stanford Law School Latino Alumni Association (SLSLAA) launched in the fall of 2003. The SLSLAA is an organization dedicated to building a supportive and active alumni community, maximizing the community’s professional strength, and maintaining Stanford Law School as the premier legal institution for Latinos. This important initiative was developed by a group of students and alumni over the past year, and has been enthusiastically supported by Dean Kathleen M. Sullivan. I am delighted to be included in this effort.
The goals for the SLSLAA are as follows:
- Organize social and professional events to facilitate networking and relationships among Latino alumni;
- Facilitate mentoring relationships between current Stanford Law School students and alumni;
- Promote the development of Law School programs and initiatives which will particularly benefit the Latino community;
- Advocate on behalf of the Latino community;
- Support and initiate efforts to promote Stanford Law School as the premier legal institution for Latinos.
I hope you will get involved with the association. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the Office of Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org. I thank you in advance for your support.
Fred W. Alvarez ’75 (AB ’72)
Stanford Law School Latino Alumni Association
Guadalupe M. Garcia, MS ’93, JD ’98