I turn the mic over to Dr. Roland Vogl, Executive Director of CodeX —The Stanford Center for Legal Informations. —Monica Bay.
Our next CodeX meeting is this Thursday, May 9, from 1:30 pm – 2:30 p.m. Pacific Time, in Room N112 of the Neukom Building of Stanford Law School.
This week we’ll feature legal innovators from Eastern Europe, including Belarus, Ukraine and Russia. Our presenters will discuss innovation in legal technology, law firms, and legal education.
- Denis Ivanov, Assistant Professor of Law, Ukrainian Catholic University Law School. Denis is a Ukrainian law professor and serial entrepreneur working at the intersection of law and technology. He will be speaking about innovation in legal education in Ukraine.
- Yuriy Zaremba, CEO, AXDRAFT. AXDRAFT is a YC-backed, Ukraine-based company that offers free, on-demand automation of legal processes for enterprise customers. AXDRAFT has served companies including Carlsberg, British American Tobacco, OLX and many other international brands.
- Iryna Hliabovich, Lecturer, Belarusian State University. Iryna is a Minsk-based angel investor, former general counsel, and lecturer on legal technology and innovation. She will share about the state of legal innovation and legal education in Belarus.
- Yehor Churilov, Software Engineering Manager, Ask Applications. Yehor is a Minsk-based researcher in the field of computational epistemology and cognitive architectures with the background in software engineering. He will speak about his work in computational law.
- Holger Zscheyge, Managing Director, Infotropic Media. Infotropic Media is a privately held publishing/information services company located in Moscow, Russia. It produces print and online information products for legal, tax, accounting and HR professionals. Holger, who has worked in legal technology for over 20 years, will share his perspectives on legal innovation in Russia.
See you then!
Miss a meeting? See video of past meetings and events here.
Monica Bay is a Fellow at CodeX and a freelance journalist. Email: email@example.com.