Here are the key points from my January 19, 2022 talk on the metaverse and AI agency. To view the presentation, please click here.
The Greater the End-User Experience, the Higher the Stakes
As the metaverse becomes more robust (which is a function of its: features, scalability, stability, and uptime) the quality, volume, and value of in-world end-user interaction will increase.
The Fiduciary Function Critical Attribute of Agency
- A fiduciary requires loyalty and ranking the principal’s interest as top priority – this can be coded
- Software bugs and hacking risks will likely be significant
- AI agent can perform similar functions as a corporation does for it shareholders.
- End-user’s real-world identity is not disclosed.
AI Agent Functions
- Commercial transactions – buy, sell, negotiate, determine quantity, shipment method, deal with customer service (chat bots)
- Execute contracts
- Monitor performance of the contracts
- Bring legal action for breach of contract, damage to virtual property
- Observe and advise the human end-user on rules, a computational law function
Metaverse Needs to Provide and Enable
- Legal sanctions
- Judgment collection
- What level of AI will be required for agent status? One possibility is a Level C
- Standards setting organizations (NIST, IEEE, ISO) will likely play an important role