- This event has passed.
5:00 pm – Panel
6:00 pm – Reception
An informal panel debate and audience discussion on the future of digital platform regulation in Europe, the U.S. and China followed by a social hour for further discussion. The panel will explore the status of ex-ante global platform regulation globally, the degree to which different drivers and philosophies may result in regulatory divergence across the world’s major economic blocs, and what such divergence is likely to mean in practice for how platforms and their users do business in the future.
The panel will feature:
- Kevin Kehoe, Associate General Counsel, Microsoft Corporation
- Will Leslie, Global Co-Head Linklaters’s Tech Sector, Brussels
- Ian Simmons, Partner & Antitrust Group Co-Chair, O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Joanna Smolinka, Counsellor for Digital and Deputy Head of the EU Office in San Francisco CEPA
- Fay Zhou, Partner and Head of Linklaters’s Antitrust Practices in Asia, Beijing
- Prof. Doug Melamed (Moderator), Scholar in Residence, formerly, Professor of the Practice of Law, Stanford Law School
This event is sponsored by the Stanford Program in Law, Science & Technology and Linklaters LLP.