- This event has passed.
November 16 @ 7:30 am - 9:30 am
7:30 – 8:00am – Continental Breakfast
8:00 – 9:30am – Program
Room 290, Stanford Law School
Parking: Wilbur Field Garage, any visitor parking spot.
Avoid lines at the parking machines with the Parkmobile app
Please join the Rock Center and SVDX to hear a panel of experts discuss the role of the board in managing through conflict and conflicts of interest. The session will cover:
- What makes a board member “independent” under applicable legal norms to serve on the board, and to serve on board committees?
- When do conflicts of interest commonly arise and how do they affect fiduciary duties?
- How do conflicts of interest come into play in M&A transactions and through service on other companies’ boards?
- How can a director comply with his or her fiduciary duties?
- What are some best practices to address conflicts?
The panelists will also discuss:
- How should a board handle a runaway management team, inexperience, strategic direction differences, or deceit?
- How can boards remove directors who are ineffective or sources of conflict?
- What is the right cause of action when directors don’t work out?
Director, Molina Healthcare and Zoox
To view Daniel Cooperman’s full bio, click here.
Partner and Co-Chair, US Emerging Growth and Venture Capital, DLA Piper
To view Louis Lehot’s full bio, click here.
|Dr. Chong Sup Park
To view Dr. Chong Sup Park’s full bio, click here.
Independent Board Director and Strategic Advisor, Zoox Inc.
To view Laurie Yoler’s full bio, click here.
Vice President and General Counsel, Stanford University; Director, Exponent, Inc. and Huron Consulting
To view Debra Zumwalt’s full bio, click here.