- This event has passed.
View the accompanying powerpoint presentation.
The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) is the most significant climate legislation in U.S. history, offering funding, programs, and incentives to accelerate the transition to a clean energy economy.
Stanford’s Lawyers for a Sustainable Economy Initiative is facilitating educational opportunities and pro bono legal help for NGOs, community organizations, tribes, and early stage entrepreneurs to access the benefits and funding from the IRA. Since two-thirds of the Inflation Reduction Act’s $369 Billion flows through the tax code, helping these groups navigate the complex IRS guidance and take advantage of these tax provisions will be a critical component of deploying new clean electricity resources, lowering GHG emission footprints, and accelerating the clean energy transition.
Stanford Lawyers for a Sustainable Economy Initiative is partnering with the law firms in the Lawyers for a Sustainable Economy Initiative to provide several webinar series on tax opportunities under the Inflation Reduction Act.
- Overview Webinar – Inflation Reduction Act: Tax Opportunities for Tribes – August 3
- Deep Dive – Inflation Reduction Act: Direct Pay for Tribes – August 28
- Deep Dive – Inflation Reduction Act: Investment Tax Credit (ITC) and Production Tax Credit (PTC) for Tribes – September 25
All webinars will be from 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET / 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT.
This series of webinars will feature a keynote by PaaWee Rivera, Senior Advisor and Director of Tribal Affairs, White House Office of Intergovernmental Affairs, The webinars will also feature a presentation and live Q&A by tax partners, Tribal law experts, and policy experts with Holland & Knight in Washington, D.C. who have helped Tribal clients navigate the complexities of the Inflation Reduction Act.
The second series will be three webinars focused on Tax Opportunities for Early Stage Entrepreneurs in the Inflation Reduction Act (dates TBD):
- Overview Webinar – IRA for Early Stage Entrepreneurs
- Deep Dive – Direct Pay and Transferability for Early Stage Entrepreneurs
- Deep Dive – Tax Credits for Advanced Manufacturing (45X), Hydrogen (45B), and Carbon Sequestration (45Q)