- This event has passed.
Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research (SIEPR) invites you to join us on Wednesday, June 1, for a special half-day event on the Future of Governance in California, with a reception to follow. The afternoon event, from 1pm to 5pm, will feature panels that include the launch of research reports on Federalism and Foreign Policy, Fiscal Policy, and Governance in the state of California; a moderated discussion on unemployment insurance reform, state and local pension reform, and state and local tax reform in California; and the idea of California as a foreign policy power. Presenters include:
- Tino Cuéllar, President of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, former professor at Stanford Law School, and former justice of the Supreme Court of California
- Bernadette Meyler, Carl and Sheila Spaeth Professor of Law at Stanford Law School
- Kathryn Stoner, Mosbacher Director of the Center on Democracy, Development and the Rule of Law & Senior Fellow, the Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies (FSI)
- Bruce Cain, Professor of Political Science at Stanford and Director of the Bill Lane Center for the American West
- Francis Fukuyama, Olivier Nomellini Senior Fellow, the Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies (FSI) & Director of the Ford Dorsey Master’s in International Policy
- Patrick Murphy, Fellow, Opportunity Institute
- Louise Bedsworth, Executive Director, Center for Law, Energy & the Environment and senior advisor, California-China Climate Institute
- Jonathan Mehta Stein, Executive Director, California Common Cause
- Irena Asmundson, Managing Director and Policy Fellow, California Policy Research Initiative (CAPRI)
- Sarah Bohn, Vice President and John and Louise Bryson Chair in Policy Research, Public Policy Institute of California (PPIC)
- Josh Rauh, Ormond Family Professor of Finance at the Stanford Graduate School of Business and Senior Fellow at the Hoover Institution
More information can be found here.