Welcome to the Robert Crown Law Library’s Faculty Services page! We are here to help support your research, teaching, and scholarship, and this page provides an overview of some of our services. Please use the boxes below to navigate to more detailed information about our services and resources, and to obtain contact information.
We offer a wide variety of reference & research services to support your research and scholarship. Some of our services include:
- We will check out and deliver library materials to your office, renew materials for you, and retrieve books when you are finished with them.
- Contact Circulation with any questions.
- We can request materials not available at Stanford libraries through our ILL service. Contact ILL with any questions or to request materials.
- Please contact Reference if you’d like us to send print journals up to your office, or if you’d like us to email specific electronic Tables of Contents.
- The library maintains many print & online newspaper subscriptions, and the university offers many of them for free to faculty. To see a culled list of newspapers and get information on how to create an account, please visit the Newspapers LibGuide.
- We are always happy to hear your suggestions for new materials to add to our collection (especially works by the SLS community!). Please submit your suggestions using this form.
- In-depth research on many topics (law and non-law!), including research for articles or books you’re drafting.
- Locating materials, including articles and books; we can retrieve specific titles for you, or research a list of possible sources based on your criteria.
- Monitoring alerts & updates on specific cases or news interests and other current awareness resources.
- Training on any of our myriad resources & databases (see Research Resources, below, to access some of them).
- Training your RAs on research strategies and resources.
Instructional Services & Course Support
Digital Reserves is an archive of exams, model answers, and syllabi from previous years. Access is limited to the law school community. Contact Circulation to add your exams and syllabi. Also available are papers from the Wednesday Workshop series.
Stanford Syllabus is a central, online repository for Stanford class syllabi. Syllabus that you post via the Syllabus tool in Canvas get automatically added to this repository.
The library has myriad databases, articles, journals, books, and more, to support your research. We’ve highlighted some of the best resources below, but this only scratches the surface of what we have. Contact Reference (email@example.com) if you have specific questions about our resources. Please make suggestions for new research materials at: https://stanford.io/2NsvnTz.
Faculty Bibliography & News
In addition to research and reference support for your publications (see above, Reference & Research), we also strive to record and promote your publications and activities. Some of our services include: