- This event has passed.
Application deadline February 16, 2018
Learn leading-edge strategies, frameworks, and best practices for making complex and crucial board decisions in uncertain times.
You will benefit from an academic partnership between three institutions — Stanford Graduate School of Business, Stanford Law School, and University of Chicago Booth School of Business — and a uniquely interactive learning experience.
Big data, shareholder activism, social media, financial literacy, liability risk: The list of issues and responsibilities for board members is ever-increasing and ever-changing. Drawing on cutting-edge research, current governance issues, emerging topics, and practical knowledge, Directors’ Consortium goes beyond compliance to explore how directors can best represent shareholders and other stakeholders.
You’ll learn about financial reporting, compensation, fiduciary duties, CEO succession, and more. You’ll develop a greater understanding of a board’s oversight and advisory roles. And you’ll examine real-world scenarios and formulate action plans with a set of people who confront similar problems.
Understand your fiduciary, legal, and ethical oversight responsibilities, and develop strategies to best represent shareholders and stakeholders.
- Benchmark against best practices in corporate governance.
- Evaluate the role of the board in strategy development, evaluation, and evolution.
- Develop frameworks for prudent legal strategies to navigate litigious environments.
- Formulate strategies for managing CEO succession and evaluating executive compensation.
Who Should Attend
- Current board members of public companies
- Board members of companies that may be taken public in the near future
- Board members of foreign corporations that are or may be listed on U.S. exchanges
Program Fee – US $12,600
- The program fee includes tuition, course materials, and meals.
- Payment is due upon admission. Your space is secured upon receipt of full payment.
- Learn more about payment, financial aid, and cancellation policies
Optional Session – Fee – US $1,950
26 Mar 2018 | Finance and Accounting Refresher
Certificate of completion