- This event has passed.
The Stanford/NVCA Venture Capital Symposium offers practical guidance on achieving success as a venture capitalist in a rapidly changing marketplace. Learn to respond effectively to new governance challenges at venture capital firms and at portfolio companies. Explore best practices in fund management and limited partner relationships. Examine cutting-edge issues affecting the entire venture sector, including deal pricing, initial coin offerings, and the emergence of a new breed of late stage investors. Speakers include leading venture capitalists, limited partners, CEOs, regulators, attorneys and scholars.
Topics for 2018 will include:
- Gender harassment issues and strategies for creating diverse, inclusive workplaces
- Initial coin offerings and implications for the venture capital sector
- Softbank’s Vision Fund and the consequences of a new breed of late stage investor
- Securities law risks for VC-backed firms
- Limited partners and their role in monitoring fund conduct
- How to value a unicorn: a quantitative approach to “special terms” in late stage financings
- How to keep your portfolio companies out of trouble