Start Your Next Year at Stanford Law Inspired
September 11-21, 2023
Inspire. Innovate. Lead. That’s how SLS keeps legal education relevant and engaging. This September, 2L, 3L and JSD students can experience our latest innovation: the S-Term.
This fall, for nine days before the start of fall term, S-Term will offer a unique, immersive learning experience designed for students interested in exploring new fields. Selecting from intriguing courses not offered during the regular SLS term, you can strengthen your knowledge base — and satisfy your curiosity — while studying with faculty leaders, renowned practitioners, judges, international academics, and an intimate cohort of peers. Best of all, you can start your next year at SLS inspired.
This September, let the world come to you when Very Important Practitioners and Visiting International Professors convene at Stanford Law for S-Term.
Registration opens April 11 – 25, 2023.
Why S-Term? Explore the Benefits
This September, join the first cohort of 2Ls and 3Ls to experience this only-at-SLS experiment in inspirational learning. Sign up for an intensive, S-Term offering to:
- Learn from visiting faculty and Very Important Practitioners not available during the regular school year, including: the former Chairman of the SEC, DC Circuit Judges, the former publisher/CEO of The Washington Post, former Secretary of State, and visiting international faculty.
- Engage in-depth with one instructor and focus on a single subject
- Balance your workload across three quarters
- Get hands-on training through field study courses that take you off campus
- With a small cohort on campus early, bond with SLS peers
- Experience it all with no additional tuition
- Join the experiment and shape opportunities for future 2Ls and 3Ls
Courses That Spark Curiosity and Expand Skills
* Very Important Practitioners and Visiting International Professors
Slated for 2024
Future S-Terms are in the works. So far, S-term 2024 includes:
S-Term is a special session of Stanford Law courses offered to 2L, 3L and JSD students during the nine days just before fall term begins. Students have the opportunity to dive deep with a small cohort of peers into subjects not explored during the regular SLS school year. Instructors are judges and VIPs (Very Important Practitioners and Visiting International Professors) who bring unique perspective and expertise to this intensive learning experience, and who are not available during the regular school year.
S-Term is also an ideal time for field study courses that combine on-campus learning with trips to visit important institutions and meet with other academics, regulators, and policy-makers. For instance, we plan a Civil Rights field study trip for S-Term 2024 (lead by Rick Banks).
Stanford Law School reserves the right to change any part of the schedule at any time including (1) add or delete courses from its offerings; (2) change times, days, or locations of courses; (3) cancel for insufficient registration or academic/administrative decision without notice.